5 things to know about Mason’s College of Public Health
Dean Perry spoke with the Washington Business Journal about future plans for the College of Public Health, including workforce development and fundraising initiatives. Read the article here.
- November 20, 2023New literature reviews from College of Public Health researchers advance understanding of connection between nutrition and mental health
- November 15, 2023Assistant Professor in the Department of Nutrition and Food Studies Raedeh Basiri will represent the College at the American Society for Nutrition’s Aging and Chronic Disease Research Interest Section as an at-large delegate, contributing to initiatives related to aging-related and chronic disease studies
- October 26, 2023Experts explain what reverse dieting is
- October 26, 2023As an international scholar, Maryam Farvid has extensive experience engaging in academia cross-nationally, including in Iran, Australia, and the United States. This experience has empowered her to cultivate a vast network of diverse collaborations across the globe and to conduct chronic disease research across different social and cultural landscapes.
- September 28, 2023Meet Allison Miner. Miner is thrilled to join the Nutrition and Food Studies department as an instructional assistant professor. She started as a fashion design major in college, but after taking a nutrition course for her science requirement, she was hooked.
- September 28, 2023The College of Public Health + Fuse at Mason Square accelerate potential for Virtual Reality-enhanced learning opportunities
- Three newly Certified Healthcare Simulation Educators advance College toward offering VR-enhanced curriculum to every studentSeptember 22, 2023The College of Public Health announces three newly credentialed Certified Healthcare Simulation Educators - advancing toward goal of offering VR-enhanced curriculum to every student
- September 18, 2023Multiple national college rankings released in recent weeks have placed George Mason University among America’s top 50 public universities, top 100 among all public and private institutions, and Virginia’s No. 1 public university for social mobility.
- September 5, 2023Professor of Nutrition and Food Studies Lawrence Cheskin is quoted about the benefits of a high fiber diet.
- August 17, 2023Mark Rudich describes himself as a nontraditional student, but maybe that’s because he’s more used to teaching classes than taking them. After several years teaching exercise science to college students in Texas, he’s now part of the first cohort of students in the College of Public Health’s Master in Nutrition Program dietetics concentration, now beginning its second year.
- May 23, 2023Are you a stress eater? Here’s how to retrain your brain.
- National Geographic: Dr. Cheskin comments on obesity and regulating blood sugar with a new drug injectionApril 18, 2023These 7 hormones influence how much—or little—you eat. Can we influence them?